Snapchat Dark Mode is only available to iPhone users. Android users have not had the chance to experience Dark Mode on Snapchat. This tutorial will demonstrate how to get Dark Mode on Snapchat on both Android and iPhone. Most apps support Dark Mode. This allows users to use the app in Dark Mode, saving battery and reducing strain on their eyes from prolonged use.
We will show you how to enable Smart Invert/Color Inversion in Snapchat to change Dark Mode. It’s located in Accessibility. Smart Invert transforms bright colors into dark colors, with the exception of dark images and videos.
How to enable/get Dark Mode on Snapchat without an App Appearance
Why use Smart Invert/Color Inversion
Accessibility features such as Smart Invert and Color Inversion are available for Android and iPhone devices. Smart Invert/Color Inversion automatically inverts colors, preventing elements from becoming dark in nature. This feature is for people with visual impairments who cannot see well. However, it can be used to invert any app’s colors.
Smart Invert: Why use it? Because some apps are brighter than others, the default dark mode won’t work as well as we would like. Smart Invert, however, keeps the light low.
How do I enable Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone?
The Accessibility feature includes Smart Invert, as I already mentioned. This is how to use Snapchat Dark Mode if you don’t have the Appearance option.
- Open Settings app for iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Accessibility.
- Choose Display and Text Size.
- Look for Smart Invert by swiping down.
Add Smart Invert Shortcut to iPhone.
The Accessibility Shortcuts make it easier to adjust the Smart Invert settings on iPhone. Accessibility Shortcuts can only be used with iPhone 8 and later, running iOS 14 software.
Double-Triple Click Home/Side Buttons
- Go to Settings on iPhone.
- Tap and swipe on Accessibility Shortcut.
- Select Smart Invert from the available options.
- Tap Back to exit the Settings app.
- Navigate to Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Accessibility
- Select Touch.
- Click on the Back Tap.
- The Smart Invert can be activated and deactivated via Double-Tap or Triple-Tap. Choose the appropriate option and set it up.
How do I enable Snapchat Dark Mode on Android?
Use the Color Inversion settings to force dark Mode on your compatible Android phone. This is how to force dark Mode in Snapchat App for Android phones.
The Settings App
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to System.
- Tap Accessibility. You can also search for Color Inversion to enable it.
- Turn On Color Inversion.
You can access Notifications Bar.
- Scroll down to the Notifications section.
- Locate the Invert Colors option. Tap on the Edit button to add the Invert Colors option.
- After it has been added, tap the Invert Colors button to enable Dark Mode in Snapchat.