Snapchat is known for its transparency. Snapchat offers many unique features, such as notifying you when someone takes a screenshot or replays a snap. Snapchat doesn’t provide a clear indicator of whether someone is online. Instead, a green bubble appears next to a user’s profile.
Luckily, there are a couple of ways to tell whether someone is active on the app. This article will discuss all the different methods to check if a user is active on Snapchat.
How to Check if Someone is Active on Snapchat
Snap Maps shows you the location of your friends when you use the app. You may not be able to view your friends’ locations on the map, depending on how private your friends are.
If they’re not using Ghost Mode (which hides their location all the time), you should be able to determine when they last used Snapchat. You can also block the app from accessing your location.
Snap Maps will update your location as long as it is open. You can disable location services or put them in Ghost Mode. This feature allows you to find out where and when someone is online.
Here’s how it works:
- Snap Maps allows you to find your friend.
- Select their Bitmoji from the map.
- You’ll find a gray status bar under their name.
- There are three types of messages that you can see: “Seen now,” “SeenXXm ago,” and “Last seen,” depending upon how long ago they signed in. “Seen Now” indicates that they are currently online at a particular location.
If you have been chatting with someone, you will detect when they open your chat. You’ll have to watch the chat as soon as they open it. Here’s how:
- Open Snapchat and swipe right to get to the conversation screen.
- Scroll to the conversation and click the “Open Chat” button.
- You will see a Bitmoji avatar in the lower-left corner if they are online. After they leave the chat, the person’s avatar will disappear from your chat window.
Snap scores are determined by the number of snaps taken by a user. This includes both private and public snaps. If someone’s Snapchat score is higher, it means that they have just sent a snap.
Snap scores are updated every few minutes, so make sure to check back in a while for any new changes. Here’s how:
- Click on the “Friends” tab in Snapchat.
- Hold down the name of the contact you wish to learn more about. The popup box will appear on the screen if you hold the name.
- Now, you’ll see a number in the popup box. This is their Snapchat score. Keep it close at hand.
- You can check the score again between 10 and 15 minutes to see if it has changed.
- A person who has a higher score indicates that they are online.
Snaps that can be opened
Snapchat will tell you how long ago an individual has read your message or snap if sent. This parameter can be used to determine an online status. For 24 hours, the timestamp will remain reliable. It will only show the date, and the time the photo was last viewed after a day. This will only work if the recipient has seen the message/photo.
These are the steps:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe right for the conversation screen.
- Chat with them.
- If the recipient has seen your message, snap, or photo, you’ll see an empty square or Arrow under their name. The date it was viewed and “Opened” will be next to it.
- If their timestamp is within the last few minutes or seconds, this individual could be online.
Send a Snap
One way to do this is to send a quick message to your contact to see if they are online. Based on this, you may be able to infer when they last went online. This is how it works.
- Open Snapchat on your mobile device.
- Swipe to the right to navigate to Snapchat’s “Friends” screen.
- All your most recent contacts will be listed in the “Friends” section.
- Locate the user that you wish to verify.
- By swiping left to right on your friend’s name, you can open the chatbox.
- Enter a message and click the “Send” button to send it.
- For a while, you can remain in the chat window.
- If you notice your friend’s Bitmoji in the lower-left corner, you are likely looking at the screen. This means that the recipient is currently reading your message.
- When the other person uses Bitmoji to send a smiley, the blue dot will turn into a dot. This indicates that they are online. If Bitmoji or the blue dot does not appear, it means that the other person is not online.
Visit Their Blog
This strategy is quite self-explanatory and maybe something you have used before. This is something that Snapchat users may not know. This technique can check a user’s feed to see if they have made any new posts.
This feature allows you to see the date and time they last posted a snap. This information can be used to make an educated guess about when they last logged in to Snapchat.
Apps from Third Parties
MobiStealth can be used to track someone or find out if they are on Snapchat. MobiStealth, a paid app that tracks Snapchat and has many other functions, is available.
MobiStealth can be an option. However, you should always ask the person you wish to obtain their consent. It is not ethical to track the data of another person without their consent. Therefore, the individual must agree to have the app installed on his/her phone.
These are the steps to MobiStealth.
- Create an account at MobiStealth.
- Next, choose a price plan. Mobistealth will refund your money if you are unsatisfied with their service within 15 days.
- Access to the user’s Android phone or tablet is required to download the MobiStealth application. It may take just minutes to install the app.
- If the user uses an iPhone, they don’t have to manually download the app. All that’s required is your iTunes credentials.
- The dashboard will track all Snapchat activity. This dashboard will show you if an individual is online at the moment.
Know When Your Friends Are Online
These methods are close to determining if someone is currently online on Snapchat. If they aren’t currently using Snapchat, any of these methods can give you an estimate of when they were last online. You won’t have any guesses about whether someone is ghosting you or not.