OfOf course, there will be times when you might not want to. toIt is not enough to disconnect from your social media platforms temporarily MorePeople choose to do what they want more often than ever before toTheir social media accounts should be deleted toLive a life that is less influenced by online culture. Whether you’re trying toProtect your future job prospects by deleting all social media accounts or just trying toReach for your phone less often, deleting social media accounts could lead to to a healthier life.
Permanently deleting your Instagram account may seem like a significant step, but if you’re ready to be free of your profile and get some spare time back in your life, it’s easy toCarry out. Let’s look at how to delete your InstagramPermanent account
Save Your Instagram DataBefore Deleting Your Account
BeforeYou act out of frustration, or simply because you want. toMake the move toPermanently delete your InstagramIt is a good idea toBack up your Instagram data. You can’t add it back later, and you may have valuable photos, interactions, and friends. When you delete your account, InstagramIt will do exactly that: delete your account, and everything in it. AllPhotos, comments, likes, and friends will all be displayed Permanent removed. ToThese steps will save your account data.
- Open “Instagram”Tap the “profile icon”In the lower right corner.
- TapThe “hamburger icon” (MenuTap in the upper right corner. “Settings” at the bottom.
- Select “Security,” then tap the “Download Data” option.
- EnterYour “email address”Tap “Request Download.”
Within 48 hours, InstagramWe will email you a complete profile file toThe email address that you provided. TheEmail contains your photos, comments and profile information. toAccess in the future Even if you think you’ll never need this data again, it’s an essential step toYou can ensure that your information is kept private if you wish toIt is available to view. If you don’t do this, you’ll be losing your information completely, and you’ll never get it back, no matter how hard you try.
How to Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account
After you’ve saved your InstagramData is your key to moving forward to deleting your Instagram account. ThereTwo options are available for users. TheThe first is toPermanently delete your Instagramaccount and all associated with it, while this is only a temporary option.
Permanently deleting your InstagramAccount can only be created using a browser. However, you can do it on both mobile and desktop browsers. Before your profile disappears forever, InstagramYour account is temporarily inaccessible for 30 days ThereforeYou can always reinstate it if your mind changes. Here’s how toPermanently delete your Instagram account:
- Go toThe special “Delete Your Instagram Account“ page on your browser (ensure that you’re logged in).
- SelectYou can delete a reason from the dropdown menu.
- ClickOr tap the “Delete”Click here to confirm your decision.
Temporarily Delete/Disable Your Instagram Account
IfYou are just looking for a short break Instagram or don’t want toMake an irrational, unsound decision Your account can be disabled InstagramYou should delete it, rather than taking it into account. DisablingLogs you out and hides the profile. AsYour followers may consider you to have deleted your account. HoweverThis method allows for you to toYou can easily log back in to your account to reinstate your profile after it has been temporarily disabled. FollowThese are the steps toYou can disable your account
- Go to “Instagram.com“This can be done from any browser on any device (not from the app).
- Log in, if prompted to do so.
- ClickTap on the “profile icon”In the upper right-hand corner.
- ClickTap or click “Profile,”Select the option you prefer. “Edit Profile.”
- ScrollTap, tap, and down “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button.
- YouYou will be asked why. SelectChoose an option from our drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your account password.
- ClickTap or click “Temporarily Disable Account.”
DeleteOr Disable InstagramWithout UsernameOr Password
IfYou have been hacked and are in desperate need to protect your personal information, you might find the above deletion/disable steps easy, but not if you don’t remember your login credentials. UnfortunatelyThere is no other way. toWithout first logging in, you can delete or disable an existing account.You can’t. InstagramIt’s your job to do it. IfIf you can’t remember or locate your password, or if it was changed by someone else, then follow these steps toIt is possible to recover it.
Recover Username/PasswordOn AndroidOr iPhone
- LaunchThe “Instagram app.”
- Tap “Get help logging in” under the “Login” button.
- The “Find your account” screen appears. TypeYour “username, email, or phone,”Next, tap “Next.” YouYou can also select “LogIn with Facebook”Or “ContinueAs [your FB name].”
- OnThe new screen is available, choose “Send an email,” “Send an SMS,”Or “LogIn with Facebook.”
- EnterTap the confirmation code “Next.”
- IfIf you have iOS, select one of these: “Username” or “Phone.”
- Follow the prompts after your selection.
If you think you got hacked, you might not be able to use oneOr all of these methods, depending on how thorough the hacker has been at changing your recovery information.
- OpenThe app.
- Tap Get help logging in under the login fields.
- SelectThis is the option that will allow you toEnter your username
- Tap NeedMore help?
FromYou can follow the prompts here toContact Instagram. TheyMost likely, they will ask for information about your account, such as passwords used previously, recovery information, and so forth.
Is There Any Way to Get My Account Back After Deletion?
So, officially there’s no option toAfter permanently deleting your account, you can get your account back. StillMany users swear by the workaround method described below.
ToIt’s simple, you need toReport your account as hacked to Instagram, just as we’ve done above. Here’s how to do it.
- FirstEnter your username and email address, then click on Instagram’s ‘Get help signing in’ option.
- From here, select ‘Trouble logging in’
- Follow the prompts such as selecting the type of account you’d like toClick on the option to recover ‘MyAccount hacked‘ toProceed
- Then select ‘Find out more about your experience.‘
- FillFill out the forms InstagramWithin a few hours, we will send you an e-mail. YouYou will eventually be required to provide some verification such as images that you’ve uploaded toYou can access your account by entering your username, email address and verification code. to work.
Instagram Account Delete/DisableFAQs
How long does InstagramKeep my data even if I delete my account
Can I delete my child’s account?
Unfortunately no, you cannot delete your child’s Instagram account, at least not without the users’ login information. Instagram’s policy on account deletion states that only the account owner can delete the account using the instructions above.
How long until Instagram deletes your account?
IfYou will go through the deletion procedure outlined above. InstagramYour account is deleted within 30 days of the request. Also, your IG account is made invisible so that no one can see it. HoweverBackups of all data can be taken up to90 days to delete.
If you’re wondering how long it takes Instagram toWe don’t know if it is possible to delete inactive accounts. InstagramOccasionally, deletes inactive accounts and accounts detected toBots can be accessed through their system. HoweverThere is no one else like you. Instagramit is not certain how often this happens or what the parameters of deletion are.
ByResetting and deleting your account InstagramAccount for Good, You can finally give yourself some personal space toEscape the constant grind of online culture and get out. Of course, temporarily deactivating your account is a good option if you’re looking toTake a break for a while, but delete the files afterwards to protect your identity and personality—and your sanity. DoDo you have any questions? Instagram account? PleasePlease share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.