VideoCaptions are an important accessibility tool for hard-of hearing people. InIn addition, they can be extremely beneficial in cases when users can’t hear or use the video’s audio. HoweverThis feature is not necessary for everyone. What’s more, many people find the captions annoying as they can block portions of the video they’re watching. Luckily, the app made it easy to turn off the captions if they aren’t useful to you.
KeepLearn how to disable TikTok captions
HowTo Turn Off TikTok CaptionsOn an Android Device
AutoSometimes captions generated automatically can be inaccurate and distracting. If this is the case, you can turn off the captions on the video you’re watching inTwo simple steps.
- TapRefer to the captions.
- Click “Hide captions.”
AfterThe video will continue to play with no captions in sight. However, you’ll see a small rectangle inThe corner of your screen. IfIf you have a change of heart and wish to turn the captions on again, tap the rectangle.
Some users have reported they haven’t been able to turn off the captions on the video directly. If that’s the case, the only way to get rid of the captions is to turn them off in the app’s settings. However, note that this will turn off captions across the app, not just on the particular video you’re watching.
FollowThese steps will allow you to disable auto-generated captions for all TikTok videos
- Tap the “Profile” icon inThe bottom-right corner of the screen.
- PressThe Menuicon at top right
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll downTo “Accessibility” under “Content & Activity.”
- Toggle the “Always show captions” option off.
Now you won’t have to turn off captions on each video you’re watching. But, you’ll still be able to see the rectangle indicating that the video has captions.
How to Turn Off TikTok CaptionsiPhone
AutoCaptions can be added inHandy when you need to scroll through your TikTok “For You” page with the volume off. HoweverWhen your volume is up and running captions may be possible inThe video’s most important section. ToTurn off the captions and do as follows:
- TapThe grey text box contains the captions.
- Select “Hide captions.”
TheCaptions will disappear from the screen leaving behind a smaller grey box. ToTo turn the captions on again, simply tap on the box.
HidingCaptions may be displayed on a specific video to prevent them from being lost as you scroll through the content. But, once you leave the app and come back, you’ll see the captions back on. If you’d like to turn off captions altogether, do the following:
- Click on the “Profile” icon inThe bottom-right corner of the screen.
- PressThe MenuClick the button at top right.
- From the pop-up menu, choose “Settings and privacy.”
- NavigateTo the “Content & Activity” tab.
- Tap “Accessibility.”
- Disable the “Always show auto-generated captions” option.
How to Turn Off TikTok CaptionsA PC
TikTok’s web clientIt’s a great alternative to watching the endlessly entertaining videos on the platform. HoweverTik is also available online.Tok doesn’t have all the features the mobile app has.
Among others, you can’t turn off auto-generated captions for all videos on a PC. However, you can turn them off for the video you’re currently watching. Here’s what to do:
- ClickRefer to the captions.
- Select “Hide Captions.”
NowYou can browse your account as normal. For YouPage without distraction.
HowTo Turn Off TikTok CaptionsAn iPad
WhileMany people love TikTok captions are necessary or helpful, not everyone is a fan. IfYou can disable captions if they do more harm than good.
WhenWatch a captioned TikToDo the following:
- TapClick on one of the captions to see it on the screen.
- Click on the “Hide captions” bubble above the captions.
TheCaptions will now disappear, and transform into a small rectangle at the side of the video. YouYou can enable or disable captions at any moment by tapping on the rectangle.
YouThis might cause you to have trouble with the captions. Alternatively, you might want to turn off the captions for every video, not just the one you’ve just watched. FortunatelyThere is an easy way to do it.
- TapThe “Profile” icon at the bottom right.
- Press the MenuClick on the button to the right.
- Click on the “Settings and privacy” on the pop-up menu.
- Scroll to the “Content & Activity” tab.
- Select “Accessibility.”
- Turn off the “Always show auto-generated captions” option.
EveryStep towards inclusivity and accessibility is a step inThe right direction. ThereforeThe captioning feature is undoubtedly a great addition to TikTok. The users who don’t need this feature can quickly turn it off, either on the captioned video itself or through the app’s settings.
HaveYou tried turning the TikToWhat are the captions for k? WhatWhich method did it use? LetWe know inComment below.